Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Creativity and New Media


-Using Facebook to make money

                Instead of trying to use a website or a public venue like a yard/garage sale, door-to-door sale, or any other solicitation tactic, I was able to use Facebook to sell my school books and other school supplies to Baruch Students. Using the various Baruch related pages on Facebook, I was able to put up my page for all or most Baruch students to see. Using Facebook, I can also be more specific or vague with my criteria. For instance, I may also want to expand my Baruch Student sample and post my page to a Hunter College Facebook page. The ability to send or show my page to exactly what I want my target audience to be is one of the advantages that Facebook, a new media platform, has over things such as in-person solicitation.

P.S. I recently deleted my Facebook page and all related pages that were not for school so although I do not have my own example as I had deleted it, I do have an interesting example of another Baruch Facebook page which involves the trading rather than selling of books for Baruch students.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/535774686440556/

1 comment:

  1. Hey Devin, I find that a lot of individuals use these creative and innovating platforms to make money. People often use their social media pages to promote any type of products they are trying to sell or create an entirely new page just for that purpose. Now a days, anyone and everyone could be a business person considering all they have to do is place an ad or a product they are willing to sell on a platform on the internet. This truely enables users to be creative and think outside of the box in order to sell the products they want or promote the things they want everyone to see. New media is one of the most beneficial advents of society and people continue to take innovate it and make numerous uses for it in the years to come.

    ReplyDelete